Saturday, October 04, 2014

October meeting and a speaker visiting



Hi everyone

Just a quick note to remind you that it is Fleet Knitting Club on Tuesday (7th October) 8 pm.  We have a speaker booked.  Knitwear designer-maker Susan Holton is coming to talk to us.  You can find her website here: www.susanholtonknitwear.com. Her work looks really interesting – beautiful and contemporary.  We’ve been trying to get her to come and talk to us for ages and at last we have been successful so I do hope you will be able to make it.

Unfortunately I won’t be there as I’ll be up in London, setting up for the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace which opens on Wednesday and goes on till Sunday – just my luck!  Here's the website for the show, just in case you can pay a visit.  Always worthwhile as you'll come back full of ideas and probably things to do as well! www.theknittingandstitchingshow.com/london/

I've got someone else lined up to take photos and write about it here so I won't miss out totally but I am a little disappointed I can't be there.


No comments: